Re: [webobjects-newbies] Re: WebObjects development under Linux/WINE?

From: Anjo Krank (anjo.kran..-online.de)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 10:34:07 EST

    Hi Ulrich,

    Am Samstag, 14.12.02, um 12:25 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Ulrich
    Köster:
    > here is another idea for the integration:
    >
    > - a user requests to open an EOModel with ProjectWonder in Eclipse
    > - WOLips launches DevStudio.app
    > - WOLips sends an NSNotification with an 'argument' for the EOModel
    > - your app loads the eomodel and opens the url with OpenURL

    and this will open the url in the default browser? Why not simply have
    WOLips check if there is already an app, start it if not, call up a DA?

    > Same way for the RuleEditor and Java Editor.
    >
    > But we will need two copys of the app one for 5.1 and one for 5.2.

    Yes, but only because the binaries are different.

    > Sounds promising.
    >
    > Do you have the time to integrate it, I will help you. :-)

    "Time"...now what is that again? Seriously, I have my plate fuller than
    I'd like: I just put DynaReporting into Wonder and need to do a project
    with it amongst other things. As much as I loathe PBX, I think I will
    wait until java 1.4 is final before I start to do real work with
    Eclipse. What I'd like to check out is if I can use Eclipse as an
    external editor for PBX (there is a new version of the dev-tools
    available). That way, the project can be built (and *laid out*, I hate
    the file-system centric view in Eclipse) in PBX, but edited with
    reasonable java support. Even better would be to embed the editor panel
    into the PBX window...

    But thanks a lot for the offer. I only tried a few things in Eclipse,
    but it seemed very powerful.

    Cheers, Anjo