Re: Tool Replacements

From: tblanchar..ac.com
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 16:05:38 EST

    FWIW, I have been working on a swing based EOModeler. It allows
    editing of existing EOModels (doesn't create new ones yet), allows for
    defining inheritance, flattened relationships for many to many, and
    lets you edit the connection dictionary.

    Whats still missing is user info dictionary, the code to gather all the
    extra jdbc info now found in the models, and fetch specs.

    This app uses absolutely no apple code and uses some custom frameworks
    that I can't release the code to - but they are stable and have been
    unchanged for months.

    I'm trying to decide if its worth finishing - if I get enough interest,
    I'll wrap it up and release it as shareware for maybe $40. There is
    also code to generate java source (properly using to classes per
    entity) and a javadoc like thing that makes a website that describes
    the EOModel.