Re: Tool Replacements

From: tblanchar..ac.com
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 05:15:40 EST

    Except I didn't know about it and after downloading it - it doesn't
    build out of the box on OS X. Don't have time to sort it out but it
    looks like it squashes the default class path in each and every
    subproject build file and thus there are no core classes.

    Since posting the previous message, I've added support for creating new
    models and am only missing UI for userinfo dictionaries and fetchspecs
    - which I'll likely add in the next day or so. I have developers that
    want to work on Linux (we are split between OS X and Windows and WO dev
    on Windows bites).

    As for future development - I am fervently hoping this is my last WO
    gig - Java bites and I really want to like my job.

    I am presently captivated by Squeak's Seaside app framework, which is a
    bit immature in some respects and yet very advanced in others. Plus
    there are already good O/R mappers like GLORP and Tantalus and its so
    much easier to advance them in Smalltalk than in the stone aged
    nightmare that is Java. And Tantalus reads EOModel files so I'll
    likely be rewriting this app in Squeak.

    Anyhow, I'll announce when I put it on a server for download.