Re: DevStudio Integration

From: Anjo Krank (anjo.kran..-online.de)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 16:04:43 EST

    Hi Ulrich,

    Am Donnerstag, 02.01.03 um 08:29 Uhr schrieb Ulrich Köster:
    > in ProjectWonder there is a WOApplication that acts like WOBuilder and
    > EOModeler. It would be great if somebody has the time to integrate it
    > into WOLips.

    The EOModeler part is only a quick hack, a few comments on it:

    - you need to have already existing EOPrototypes, I made this shortcut
    because all my apps are prototypes based, but you need to get the
    prototypes from somewhere
    - add support for creating models (you can only edit then)
    - add inheritance
    - add fetch-specs
    - actually execute SQL statements (as opposed to just showing them)

    The RuleEditor needs probably be re-written to support frames, that way
    one wouldn't need to re-load the list on every change.

    Anyway, the shorted path I can imagine for these (and other web-based)
    tools, would be a pref with a URL and some parameters and a
    HTML-display panel inside of WOLips. Alternately, you could just open
    up the default browser with the supplied URL.

    I think I could take some time next week for this, but I need to be
    able to build WOLips in the first place for that :)

    Cheers, Anjo