Letter from SysAdmin :-)

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 11:18:38 EST

    This is sent to all objectstyle developer lists.

    1. ObjectStyle.org Server upgrade

    As I mentioned earlier, last weekend I migrated objectstyle server to the
    new hardware. All the services seem to work. The only problem I noticed is
    that woproject-dev mailing list archive lost its "thread" view, but this
    should only affect January archive.

    I am accepting suggestions for the more "creative" use of our new
    horsepower and disk space :-) Among the things I can think of are:

    - Giving xy..bjectstyle.org mailboxes to committers. Please email me
    privately if you want it. Though I have POP and web access to the
    mailboxes (SquirrelMail rules!!!), I would prefer to only use this feature
    as an alias to an another existing address, to make life easier for me as
    an admin.

    - Using WikiWiki engine. I installed JSPWiki already (using Apache/Jetty
    as an engine), though it is not fully configured, since it takes some time
    to setup HTML templates, and such. If anyone feels a need (and volunteers
    to do the template setup), let me know.

    - Giving SSH access to project "release managers/admins". Basically, this
    would allow WOProject/WOLips and any future projects (we have one more in
    the queue) to update their websites themselves, without asking me.

    Let me know your thoughts.

    2. Cayenne-related only: Failing Nightly Builds

    Our nightly builds are failing during the past couple of days due to
    anonymous CVS outage on SourceForge. As soon as SourceForge reenables
    pserver access, nightly builds should work as usual.

    Andrus