Problems with 0.9.8 (built from the very latest source)

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 05:25:26 EST

    Hi all,

    I've mentioned all of this before...

    ___________________
    1) The wobuild.properties file created by WOProject/WOLips does not
    work on Windows.

    wo.dir.root=C:\Apple
    wo.dir.user.home.library.frameworks=C:\\Documents and
    Settings\\apete\Local\Library\Frameworks
    wo.woroot=C:\Apple
    wo.dir.local=C:\Apple\Local
    wo.wosystemroot=C:\Apple
    wo.dir.user.home.library=C:\\Documents and Settings\\apete\Local\Library
    wo.dir.library=C:\Apple\Library
    wo.dir.local.library=C:\Apple\Local\Library
    wo.dir.library.frameworks=C:\Apple\Library\Frameworks
    wo.dir.local.library.frameworks=C:\Apple\Local\Library\Frameworks
    wo.wolocalroot=C:\Apple\Local
    wo.dir.system=C:\Apple

    All the single '\' needs to be replaced with double '\\'.

    ___________________
    2) WOLips adds this to the PB.project file:

    FRAMEWORKSEARCH = (
    C:\Apple\Local\Library\Frameworks
    );

    While PBWO adds this:

    FRAMEWORKSEARCH = ("C:\\Apple\\Local\\Library\\Frameworks");

    The WOLips version does not work - ProjectBuilder, WOBuilder and other
    tools can't parse the PB.project file!

    ___________________
    3) When building on Mac you get classpaths like this:

    WOROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaWebObjects.framework/Resources/Java/
    javawebobjects.jar
    WOROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaWOExtensions.framework/Versions/A/
    Resources/Java/JavaWOExtensions.jar
    WOROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaXML.framework/Resources/Java/javaxml.jar

    Paths like *.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Java/*.jar are a problem if
    you deploy on a different platform.

    ___________________
    4) The Makefile frequently gets out of sync with the PB.project file. I
    don't know why, but I think it may be related to (2). WOLips has
    behaved very strangely, but I'm uncertain of the actual consequences. I
    only know one thing for sure - building with ProjectBuilder does not
    work. (It seems the Makefile is updated after each successful build -
    not before, and not if it fails.)

    (1) is only a problem once. (3) is only a problem when you deploy. (2)
    and (4) are major problems. They make it very difficult to work with
    WOLips. (2) should be easy to fix (my guess). (1) is important because
    it affects all first-time users on Windows.

    /Anders