WOComponent can't find its class

From: Pierre Bernard (i_love_m..ac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 07:58:18 EST

    Hi!

    I have built a very simple test application: a new WOApp project with the standard Application, Session, Main and DirectAction classes. I then moved all of these classes into a package. Then I launched the application with the full name of the Application class specified as main class.

    The Application class is found inside its package and used. The Session class is ignored. When the Main component gets loaded it complains about not finding its class file. Indeed binding an element in the component to the class results in a runtime error.

    This can be fixed by modifying the classpath in the Run panel to include the JAR from the .woa directory.

    Oddly enough, manually instantiating the Session or Main class from within the Application constructor. Thus the classes somehow are available to the JVM. How could the class be available through one way but not the other. How come Appplication is always found, yet Session and Main are not?

    Pierre.

    ---
    Spinning WebObjects or cooking up Cocoa in Switzlerland?
    Let me know: http://homepage.mac.com/I_love_my/