Newbie questions

From: JR Ruggentaler (j..pv.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 18:14:09 EST

    When I launched WOBuilder from eclipse for the first time on a new project
    (Main component) I was unable to access the 'Edit Source' dropdown at the
    bottom left of WOBuilder. WOBuilder object browser window did not show
    application or session variables. I manually added instance variables and
    actions to my Main.java in eclipse but still could not see anything in
    WOBuilder to do bindings. Is this incomplete functionality or am I doing
    something incorrectly?

    I launched project builder from eclipse on my project but nothing showed up
    under classes. I added the classes (src/Application.java,
    src/DirectAction.java, src/Main.java, src/Session.java) to Project builder
    and WOBuilder started working as expected. WOBuilder showed instance
    variables, methods and 'Edit Sources' is available again. I however noticed
    that there are now two copies of the source files. One set of source files
    is in my eclipse project directory and the other set is in the src directory
    inside the project directory. ProjectBuilder and WOBuilder seem to be
    referencing the files in the project directory but WOLips seems to reference
    the files in the src directory. Can someone please explain how this works?

    When launching my app from eclipse I get the following message:
    [2003-02-18 16:33:55 CST] <main> Unable to locate WOOpenURL on your
    computer, AutoOpen launch will not work. In order to use the Auto Open In
    Browser feature, please specify the property WOROOT (example :
    -DWORootDirectory=C:/Apple) when starting the application.

    The app runs but the browser window does not open. When I add
    -DWORootDirectory=C:/Apple to the VM args in my run profile everything works
    great! Is this a feature or is this explained in the WOLips documentation?

    J.R.