Re: WOLips and WOBuilder

From: Dirk Olmes (dirk.olme..mx.de)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 23:56:55 EST

    Ian McDougall wrote:
    > win 2k, eclipse M5, WOLips 0.9.9, WO 5.2
    >
    > I've been struggling with a problem that comes up every now and then and
    > wastes countless hours of my time. It happens when WOBuilder refuses to
    > recognize classes located in one of my frameworks.

    That's not the fault of WOLips, I suppose. WOBuilder needs correct
    import statements in the Java file to display info correctly. Make sure
    you import com.webobjects.appserver.* and com.webobjects.foundation.* in
    your component classes. Make sure that Eclipse doesn't replace these
    with individual class imports.

    As to classes in frameworks, I bet you use them in packages. WOBuilder
    doesn't find them in the package, then. What helps is to specify the
    fully qualified class name in the..ypeInfo javadoc comment.

    HTH,

    -dirk