Re: CVS and *.eomodeld~ files

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heCo.de)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 09:49:23 EST

    Anders, everyone:

    > the cvs version has an option to choose the builder.
    >
    > WOBuild in the project properties.
    <<How do these project properties relate to the WOLips build preferences?>>

    They are somewhat independent. The incremental build ignores everything set
    in the preferences (it always runs after the Java Build if it is selected).

    The Ant build will honor the options set in the preferences and only runs if
    it is enabled. Switching to the external build gave me errors in the current
    CVS version (build already running...).

    <<Should perhaps TargetBuilder also be controlled here?>>

    Yes, probably. Although I'm not sure if the TargetBuilder is still necessary
    since Eclipse supports multiple output paths natively. Maybe some of the
    users could speak up, please?

    <<There are now 4 ways to build: Internal Ant, External Ant, Incremental
    and TargetBuilder.>>

    Well, [internal | external] Ant and the Incremental build try to do the same
    thing -- create a framework or application bundle from the compiled classes
    and the (WebServer-)Resources in the project. I'd say these are the two
    build styles.

    The TargetBuilder is a replacement for the JavaBuilder that allows more than
    one output path (which should by now be supported by the Eclipse build
    stuff). If you use the TargetBuilder you'll also have to use the Ant build,
    because the incremental build doesn't deal with this structure properly.

    <<Is the Incremental builder in CVS broken? Should I try to use it, or
    wait?>>

    I think I have fixed the stuff in CVS, if you could give the incremental
    build a try I'd be more than glad to hear about your experience. If you need
    help figuring out how it should be used, be sure to drop me a line.

    There are still situations where a rebuild project (or even rebuild all) is
    needed, if you come across them, I'd also be interested to hear about that.

    Harald