Re: Incremental builder and natures

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heCo.de)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 11:52:54 EST

    Anders wrote:
    > > (question about incremental build)
    > I think it will be great!

    I like to hear that!

    > Currently the WOLips wizards don't work, and I don't want to experiment
    > too much with my existing projects, so furher testing will have to wait.

    Okay, understandable

    > There are two WebObjects Classpath containers to choose from. Are they
    > different or duplicates?

    They are the same. The second one will soon disappear ...

    > I filed a bug report [ 698610 ] Incremental builder builds frameworks
    > named *.woa

    The plugin asks the wrong guy whether the "Is framework" checkbox is checked
    ... I'll fix this in CVS.

    > Is the incremental builder supposed to build installable applications
    > and frameworks, or just something that can be used internally with
    > WOLips?

    The focus of the incremental builder is to create a structure that can be
    started in the debugger. It is not supposed to create deployment builds.

    > Is there any way to specify what goes into a framework - Resources and
    > WebServerResources?

    Nope, it's all in the code right now. I'd appreciate suggestions how to
    configure what goes where. Suggestions so far are either glob-expressions
    (*.gif, *.jpg) or dedicated folders in the project.

    Currently, the decision whether something goes into Resources or
    WebServerResources is hardcoded:

    Resources:
      *.wo
      *.api
      *.plist
      *.d2wmodel
      *.eomodeld/*
      Properties

    WebServerResources:
      *.js
      *.css
      *.gif
      *.jpg
      *.png

    > What about the MyApp.CMD and CLSSPATH.TXT files?

    Nope. No such thing. If you need them, you should use the build.xml. If we
    had the incremental builder configurable (see above), it would be nice if
    the build.xml could be generated taking those configuration options into
    account.

    Harald