Re: Ant memory hole fixed

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 04:39:03 EST

    Hi,

    some good news:

    most of the memory leaks are fixed and WOLips is usefull with the
    current org.eclipse.core.ant.

    There are still some leaks left, but I hope to find them until we
    release the final.

    To be more detailed:

    1.) This is hard to fix due to the fact that the hotspot consumes more
    memory after excecuting code. For instance if a code is invoked 10000
    times the compiled code will be cached. (HotSpotClient)
    2. There are multiple memory leaks in woproject and ant. Just fixing
    one is not enough.
    3. Christian has build some new stuff into the wovariables. As a side
    effect this removed the last call to the environment. A line I've
    missed.

    To test it build at least 20 times. After a while Eclipse will allocate
    memory during a build which will be released after the build.

    Hope this helps

    Ulrich