Re: cvs, branches and co

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 10:09:45 EST

    Hi,

    this is what we use:

    Linux with
    - tomcat http://jakarta.apache.org/
    - anthill http://www.urbancode.com/ there is an opensource and a pro
    version
    - cvs
    - an email account to send build results to the list of receivers

    To be more detailed:

    Create a user buildserver. Install tomcat and anthill for this user. I
    don't have an idea on how to set up tomcat access control to the
    buildserver webinterface. May be somebody else has an insight on that.
    Install cvs and connect from the command line. 'cvs
    -d:pserver:anonymou..vs.sourceforge.net/cvsroot/woproject login' If
    the buildserver should tag the cvs for each version build, we need a
    sourceforge user account for that and a login once from the comand line
    for that user. It would also ge great if the user buildserver could
    have access to a directory on the webserver to publish its stuff.

    After setup anthill runs in tomcat and schedules your builds. The build
    is done by ant. Without leaking memory. (To the Eclipse team: Yes, this
    is possible!)

    In the future we can enhance it to build eclipse and run unit tests.
    Eclipse supports a headless mode to run unittests. That is the reason
    for the 'wolips test feature'.

    Anders, I think this something we should add to the docs. If you agree
    we(Andrus and me) could post all steps done to set up the buildserver.

    This setup can also be used for othe r projects hosted at
    objectstyle.org.

    Ulrich
    Am Freitag, 04.04.03, um 20:55 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Andrus
    Adamchik: