Re: cvs, branches and co

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 10:46:09 EST

    Hi,

    The important thing is that automatic builds have timestamps, and
    (manual) releases have version numbers. My guess is that tags/versions
    in CVS only exist for releases. (It is possible to check out from CVS
    based on a timestamp.)

    Regarding support for multiple Eclipse versions "_e2.3.0_". Do we know
    which problem we're trying to solve?

    How is the difference between WOLips_e2.1_1.2.3.tar.gz and
    WOLips_e2.2_1.2.3.tar.gz made? Is it with different build script
    targets, or with different branches in CVS? Perhaps both.

    Will there actually be versions of WOLips (same version number, same
    CVS tag) supporting different incompatible Eclipse versions?

    If Eclipse 2.2 is incompatible with 2.1 couldn't we just say that
    WOLips 2.y.z is for Eclipse 2.2.z and WOLips 1.y.z is for Eclipse
    2.1.z? We would already have a branch separating WOLips 1.y.z from
    2.y.z.

    /Anders