Re: cvs, branches and co

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 13:44:41 EDT

    I'm not sure I understand...

    Will there be two separate series of version numbers and tags - one for
    builds and one for releases?

    Everytime we build we tag CVS with a serial number (and date).
    The WOLips version exposed to Eclipse will be the same for several
    builds, and has nothing to do with the build number. Just like we've
    been using WOLips 1.0.0 for a while now.
    A release is made when/if the build works as expected, and there is a
    CVS tag/branch for every released version.

    Is that what you meant?

    On söndag, apr 6, 2003, at 17:36 Europe/Stockholm, Ulrich Köster wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > the buildserver can increment a version with every build and tag the
    > cvs. It should be easy to add some lines to the build script to
    > maintain a file (.html) with a list of tags and dates.
    >
    > Example
    >
    > 1 5.1.2003

    Is this january or may?

    /Anders