RE: cvs, branches and co

From: Christian Edward Gruber (cgrube..srafil.net)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 14:07:23 EDT

    I'd suggest we not tag the repository for every build, especially
    nightly builds (if we do them), as it will make the CVS repository very
    very messy. For nightly, we can "reclaim" the build by having a
    particular time of day (in absolute time) at which the build is fetched
    for building, so we can always re-fetch it from a given day at that
    time. No CVS required.

    Of course stable/integration and release builds should be tagged, and
    release builds should obviously be branched for bug-fixes.

    Thoughts on the "tag on every build" issue?

    Regards,
    Christian.