Re: cvs, branches and co

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 16:24:35 EDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Christian Edward Gruber" <cgrube..srafil.net>
    To: "'Anders Peterson'" <anders_peterso..ptimatika.se>; "'Ulrich Köster'"
    <ulric..bjectstyle.org>
    Cc: <woproject-de..bjectstyle.org>
    Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 8:07 PM
    Subject: RE: cvs, branches and co

    > I'd suggest we not tag the repository for every build, especially
    > nightly builds (if we do them), as it will make the CVS repository very
    > very messy. For nightly, we can "reclaim" the build by having a
    > particular time of day (in absolute time) at which the build is fetched
    > for building, so we can always re-fetch it from a given day at that
    > time. No CVS required.

    This also means that "AntHill" only needs to access CVS anonymously. Nothing
    needs to be written to CVS.

    > Of course stable/integration and release builds should be tagged, and
    > release builds should obviously be branched for bug-fixes.

    Basically we'll do everything just like we do now, but with 2 additions:
    1) When we make releases we tag and branch CVS.
    2) Automatic builds will add a timestamp to the build result (to the the
    name of the *.tar.gz file).

    /Anders