Re: cvs, branches and co

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 11:50:42 EDT

    On tisdag, apr 8, 2003, at 15:23 Europe/Stockholm, Ulrich Köster wrote:

    > the buildserver should at least tag the weekly builds. If for instance
    > somebody reports a bug in a weekly build, I need a way to get that
    > version and a version before the bug occured. Without tags this could
    > be complicated. The nightly builds are good for the build reports and
    > unit tests.

    Checking out from CVS you can normally specify a branch, tag or a
    timestamp. Being able to specify a date would be all we need since the
    build names include a timestamp. The Eclipse CVS client doesn't seem to
    support this. It needs a branch or a version (tag) - have I missed
    something?

    Wont it be enough if we tag every release, incl. bug fix releases, and
    branch on new feature releases (when/if we need to fix bugs in that
    release)?

    How often do we expect to build compared to making bug fixes releases?

    /Anders