Adding a Pre-processing Step to WOProject?

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 19:14:15 EDT

    Hi,

    In our development we make extensive use of Design By Contract and
    currently use Jass (http://semantik.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~jass/) for
    the implementation. Simply, this is a set of Java classes that parse the
    source files in a project looking for specially formatted comments. Such
    comments are replaces by Java code that implements the contract checks.
    The changed Java files are written out to another location from which they
    are compiled.

    We want to be able to do this with WOProject as well. I think what is
    needed is to
    (a) add a step before compilation in which Jass processes the files
    and
    (b) change where the compiler looks for the Java files to compile

    We also need to be able to make this optional as the Jass generated
    contracts should not be in production code. We have this done in make and
    jam now so that we can build like 'make all USE_JASS=0' to build without Jass.

    To make this more fun, I also get to learn ANT as I do this. :-)

    Does anyone have any hints about where to start looking to tie into this.
    I've wandered through the WOProject source, but could not make much sense
    of it. I think I need to know more ANT first. I'm just looking for
    general areas to look at, not specific tasks.

    Cheers!
    Chuck

    --

    Chuck Hill chil..lobal-village.net Global Village Consulting Inc. http://www.global-village.net