Package Error

From: Paul Hertz (paul-hert..orthwestern.edu)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 19:10:11 EDT

    Hello,

    I'm building a very basic test application, working now on database
    i/o. We're using a plug in one of our programmers wrote to fix some
    problems with using an MS SQL Server 7 database with the JTurbo
    driver. It has worked fine with WO 4.5, 5.1, and 5.2 Win.

    In Eclipse (MacOS 10.2.5, WOLips 1.0.1), I am getting a compile error
    on the line:
       package com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor;
    "The declared package does not match the expected package"

    The classpath for JDBCAdaptor seems to be in order:

    <classpathentry kind="var"
    path="NEXT_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Frameworks/JavaJDBCAdaptor.framework/Resources/Java/javajdbcadaptor.jar"/>

    There is a directory
    /System/Library.Java/com/webobjects/_jdbcadaptor, which seems correct.

    I can access the database if I remove the plug-in from the project.
    Unfortunately, I will be unable to write to the database without the
    plug in!

    We are guessing that the location of the file
    "MSSQLServerPlugIn.java" in the project src directory may be the
    problem. The "quick fix..." solution suggests incorporating it into
    the jdbcadaptor package. I doubt that current write permissions would
    permit this--and even if they did, it would impede us from creating a
    cross-platform compatible project. We were planning to use WOLips on
    Macs and WO5.2 on Windows. WO5.2 Win has no problems compiling and
    running code using the plug in.

    For the moment, I'm stumped, and would appreciate any insights.

    -- Paul