Re: WOLips build styles

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 04:57:42 EDT

    Hi Pierre,

    let's start with woproject:

    The documentation for the woproject tasks are available online:
    http://objectstyle.org/woproject/ant/index.html Anyway these docs does
    not describe all the enhancements since december. The docs in the cvs
    are up to date. I'll put them online when I find the time to
    test/release woproject 1.0.0. The woproject docs talk about taskdefs
    like:

    <taskdef name="woapplication"
    classname="org.objectstyle.woproject.ant.WOApplication">
          <classpath refid="classpath"/>
    </taskdef>

    You can ignore them until you start build outside of WOLips.

    Ant/ExternalTool support.

    Both of them launch ant and the result is the same. Both are provided
    by Eclipse. You can get the ant output when launched with the External
    Tool support.

    The TargetBuilder is for JavaClient development. It can switch the
    Eclipse classpath for the different build styles (server/client).

    I leave it to harald to talk about the Incremental Builder.

    Flexibility:

    The provided build.xml is only a starting point. You can change it to
    fit your needs. At least this is what I do.

    Disable/enable the build. Thanks to rapid turnaround mode, there is no
    need to enable the build until it's time to deploy. I don't know if
    this is also true for JavaClient development.

    Ulrich