Re: Eclipse versions

From: Kaelin Colclasure (kaeli..cm.org)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 09:44:21 EDT

    I'm giving it (the SWT-only update idea) a shot, and thus far the
    results look promising. I can definitely report that the "bleed
    through" visual artifacts seem to be fixed, and that the clickable
    pop-up tooltips are now, indeed, clickable. For anyone who cares to
    join me in the experiment, here's exactly what I did:

    1. Download the latest SWT nightly build:
    swt-N20030530-macosx-carbon.zip
    2. Rename
    $ECLIPSE/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.carbon_2.1.0/ws/carbon/swt.jar to
    swt.jar-saved
    3. Copy the new swt.jar to the path above, replacing the old
    4. Copy libswt-carbon-3006.jnilib to
    $ECLIPSE/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.carbon_2.1.0/os/macosx/ppc/

    Once I completed these steps, Eclipse appeared to launch as usual, and
    as I mentioned a number of obvious bugs have been fixed. I'll post a
    follow-up message if I come across any problems with this modified
    configuration.

    -- Kaelin