Debugging with eclipse: "Finding free socket"

From: Kaj Hejer (kaj.heje..sit.uio.no)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 12:16:07 EDT

    Hi!

    I'm playing with debuging WO apps in eclipse. This is fun!

    I have always done "System.out.println" debugging, but I guess this
    is the time to learn how to use the real thing ;-)

    When starting WO apps from eclipse with "run" they start just fine.

    When starting them with "debug" they start ok, but on startup the WO
    app waits for about a minute with the following message: "Finding
    free socket".

    I have tried to add "-WOPort 6666" ain the WO tab of the debugwindow,
    but that didn't help.

    Has anybody else out there seen this issue too? Anyone found a workaroundd?

    Im using Eclipse 2.1.1 (with swt.jar from 3.0) and WOLips 1.0.1.

    TIA!

    -Kaj :)