PBXIndex

From: Jonathan 'Wolf' Rentzsch (webobject..edshed.net)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 01:53:27 EDT

    Greetings all,

    As previously pointed out by Anjo, EOModeler (at least on Mac OS X) won't
    go looking inside PB.proj files for frameworks that contain prototypes.
    Instead, PBX has to be running, with your project open, and you must then
    double-click the .eomodel file *within* PBX in order to get EOModeler
    talking to PBX to discover the prototypes.

    Well, the entire idea of WOProject for me is to leave PBX behind, but I
    see no other way to get EOModeler to know about prototypes. Thus, tonight
    I coded up PBXIndex.

    PBXIndex works much like PBIndex, but spits out .pbproj files.
    Internally, the files are almost barren on any real project information
    -- there's just enough for PBX to open the project and answer included
    framework queries from EOModeler.

    I think this would be a nice addition to WOProject. If so, I can either
    toss you guys the files (PBXIndex.java and PBXProject.java) or give me
    commit access to the cvs repo and I'll do it myself.

    Jonathan 'Wolf' Rentzsch http://rentzsch.com
    Red Shed Software http://redshed.net (847) 584-7465
    PGP: b2af 1a09 f881 ebde c9d6 c4d2 c04f a3c0 3ec5 d5f2

             "better" necessarily means "different"