Re: Debugging with eclipse: "Finding free socket"

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 04:10:21 EDT

    Hi Kaj,

    could you reproduce it with an unpatched Eclipse.(Without the swt from
    3.0). It's very unlikely that this is the reason, but who knows.

    > org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugException: Launch configuration type id
    > "org.objectstyle.wolips.profiling.ProfiledWOLocalJavaApplication"

    This is not a WOLips bug. Eclipse validates all your launch configs at
    startup.
    Let's assume you've created a LaunchConfig named 'HelloWOrld' of type
    ProfiledWOLocalJavaApplication. After that you removed jMechanic,
    WOLips or something else required for this launch config. At startup
    Eclipse tries to load all launch configs to add them to your favourites
    menu. The load of 'HelloWOrld' will fail.

    To get rid of that warning:
    Window->Preferences->Debug->Launch History is the place where you can
    remove old launch configs.

    Ulrich