Re: Eclipse versions

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 04:25:43 EDT

    Hi,

    another tip to improve performance is the use of disc images. With
    enough memory MacOS X seems to cache files on them much better. I have
    both Eclipse and the workspaces on it.

    My favourite is the sparse image which grows automatically.

    hdiutil create -size 1024m -type SPARSE -fs HFS+ -volname Eclipse
    Eclipse
    Creates a disk image named Eclipse.sparseimage with a size of 1GB. It
    takes only some MB in the filesystem and grows on automatically.

    Add it to the startup items to load it at startup.

    Anyway this will increase the risk of a data loss on a system crash.

    Ulrich