RE: Generating EOs from an EOModel

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 18:41:06 EDT

    At 05:16 PM 05/06/2003 -0500, Jonathan 'Wolf' Rentzsch wrote:
    >Chuck Hill, chil..lobal-village.net, wrote:
    >>Yes, I'm using the same thing. But I'd really like a Java / Ant version
    >>that was more cross platform (same binary on all platforms). It will be
    >>hard to beat eoGenerator...
    >
    >Yes, EOGenerator rocks.*
    >
    >Can WOGen write fetch spec wrappers? The latest version of EOGenerator
    >can, and I'm utterly addicted.

    I don't know but I don't think so. It would depend, I think, on whether
    Cayenne has a parallel feature.

    >However, EOGenerator is written in ObjC to private frameworks. There is a
    >good chance WebObjects 6.0 will break it.**

    The real meat of eoGenerator is the MiscMerge engine. The rest I could
    reproduce in Java pretty easily. I'd expect that Velocity
    (http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/) would handily replace MiscMerge. So
    there is hope. There is also Anjo Krank's eojenerator which is intended to
    be very close to eoGenerator in functionality.

    >*Just posted this last night. Who'da thought? (grin)
    ><http://rentzsch.com/rock/eogenerator>

    :-)

    Chuck

    --