Re: Generating EOs from an EOModel

From: Anjo Krank (anjo.kran..-online.de)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 07:07:35 EDT

    Hi Chuck,

    Am Freitag, 06.06.03 um 00:41 Uhr schrieb Chuck Hill:

    >> However, EOGenerator is written in ObjC to private frameworks. There
    >> is a
    >> good chance WebObjects 6.0 will break it.**
    >>
    > The real meat of eoGenerator is the MiscMerge engine. The rest I could
    > reproduce in Java pretty easily. I'd expect that Velocity
    > (http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/) would handily replace MiscMerge.
    > So
    > there is hope. There is also Anjo Krank's eojenerator which is
    > intended to
    > be very close to eoGenerator in functionality.

    Actually, if memory serves, I sent patches in last April for the
    fetchSpec support after I added it in eojenerator and found it very
    useful...

    Unfortunately, eojenerator has gone through a few hands in the meantime
    and looks pretty messy:

      http://www.prnet.de/RegEx/eojenerator.tgz

    The bulk has been moved to a framework, and it needs Wonder. The
    *really* useful thing would be to also refactor the DevStudio app to a
    framework and add the stuff there, so you can run it as a daemon and
    the startup times aren't so high. But who has the time for this?)

    So it's been stagnant for some time now and I created the app only to
    make some documentation the EOTemplate tool refused to create for some
    reason or other. And even if it did, do I really have enough
    brain-capacity to learn yet *another* template language? Did you look
    at this "Procedure()" stuff? Yuck.

    Using WO, those templates were finished in an hour or two and I will
    still understand them when I take a look again in a year or so...

    Cheers, Anjo