Re: Generating EOs from an EOModel

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 08:00:32 EDT

    Hi Anjo,

    there is a good reason why I spend my time for it: Time. It's no fun to
    write the same code over and over again. Let's take a login panel for
    instance. It requires an EO User and a Component with the fields user
    and password. On submit I'll check if the user and password are not
    null . If that's okay I create my fetch spec and so on.

    To avoid this I'll generate the stuff I need.
    This is from the xml:
    Entity User
            attribute name
                    type String
                    min 5
                    max 20
            atribute password
                    min 5
                    max 20
                    type String

    It generates everything to create, modify, delete and search a user.
    When I write my WOComponent all I need is to make an instance of the
    usersearch and bind the fields (including language aware errors string
    when the user enters nothing). There will be no fetch until the user
    enters something.

    Another thing are unit tests. They get generated also.

    .
    .
    .
    .