Re: Adding Application Resources

From: Paul Hertz (paul-hert..orthwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 11:19:27 EDT

    At 4:12 PM +0200 6/11/03, Ulrich Köster wrote:
    >Hi Paul,
    >
    >your build.xml seems to be correct.

    Everything worked as expected, including deployment of the
    WOApplication from Mac to Win.

    >Another way to update the PB.project is with the PBIndex task:
    >http://objectstyle.org/woproject/ant/pbindex.html
    >
    >Let me know if wanna play with it. The taskdef for this task is
    >missing in WOLips(it will be fixed in 1.0.2). I'll send you an
    >updated plugin.xml in that case.

    This looks interesting. I'd like to try it out. We do have
    considerable amounts of code to port into Eclipse--might make it
    easier?

    At the moment I'm the only one working with Eclipse here, but if we
    end up with student help using it, we want to have as little manual
    retooling of the compile time files as possible.

    My next issue to resolve is porting from Eclipse/WOLips back to
    PBWO-Win. We'll see how that goes.

    >>I find much to like about Eclipse/WOLips, but the necessity of
    >>learning Ant along with the IDE makes the learning curve steeper than
    >>ProjectBuilder, IMO.
    >
    >We're working on it :-)

    As an IDE for Java development, I find Eclipse very handy--makes me
    less sloppy, and the editor features are just superior to PB. Too
    bad the Print command is disabled in MacOS! I have been looking into
    an AppleScript to pass the printing task to BBEdit (seems this is
    possible with selected text in most applications).

    -- Paul

    --
    Paul Hertz <paul-hert..orthwestern.edu>