Working with packages in WebObjects/WOLips

From: Paul-Liviu Petrus (PPetru..HP-GMBH.DE)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 06:26:39 EDT

    Hi all,

    I'm working with the WOLips plugin for WebObjects. The project is
    growing larger and I decided to organize it into packages. I created the
    packages and used the Eclipse built-in mechanism to move the classes
    into the respective packages. The references were wrong in the beginning
    but I corrected them and could get the program to compile. But at
    Runtime I get errors when trying to access some of the components: the
    components don't 'see' their member objects anymore. The error below
    happened when trying to access the component named ActivitiesPage.

    The Info, ActivitiesPage, and Profile components are in the same
    package, de.shp.ecompany. The application and session classes are in the
    default package. I defined also other packages, and when I tried to
    access their components, I got similar errors.

    Is it there a way to work with packages in WebObjects, when the classes
    included in them have corresponding .woo components? Someway I think
    that the WO Components don't 'see' the classes included in packages,
    although in WO Builder I can use them.

    Thanks and have a nice day, wherever you are.

    Paul.

    [2003-06-26 09:23:16 GMT] <WorkerThread1>
    <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentDefinition> WARNING:
    Unable to find component class named "Info". If this is not intended to
    be a classless component, check your framework settings and the contents
    of your classpath file (in the .woa's Contents/<PLATFORM_NAME>
    subdirectory).
    [2003-06-26 09:23:22 GMT] <WorkerThread2>
    <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentDefinition> WARNING:
    Unable to find component class named "Profile". If this is not intended
    to be a classless component, check your framework settings and the
    contents of your classpath file (in the .woa's Contents/<PLATFORM_NAME>
    subdirectory).
    [2003-06-26 09:25:18 GMT] <WorkerThread2>
    <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentDefinition> WARNING:
    Unable to find component class named "ActivitiesPage". If this is not