Re: Moving classes into a package

From: Kaelin Colclasure (kaeli..cm.org)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 09:59:57 EDT

    On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 01:38 AM, Ulrich Köster wrote:

    > Hi Kaelin,
    >
    > could you check your PB.project for duplicates like
    >
    > src/Foo.java
    > src/com/foo/Foo.java

    I don't seem to have any duplicates like this, but I do think I've
    tracked down at least part of the problem. I found an old post that
    mentioned it was necessary to use wildcard package import statements in
    WOComponent source files, or WebObjects Builder will not pick up the
    imports and parse actions and keys from the relevant files... I'd
    already reverted to keeping my component classes in the default
    package, but this did fix the problem I was having using pre-existing
    classes that live in packages.

    I am in the habit of letting Eclipse manage my imports, which means I
    generally have a list of explicit, fully qualified class names imported
    into my source files, not entire packages. So that was at least part of
    the issue -- and it's a WebObjects Builder problem that has nothing to
    do with WOLips or WOProject.

    > Which version are you using? (Eclipse/WOLips/WO/OS)

    Eclipse 3.0 M1 / WOLips 1.0.3 / WebObjects 5.2.1 / Mac OS X 10.2.6