[DONE] Re: wsresources destDir="/path/to/wsres"

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 01:09:24 EDT

    I just checked in the code and documentation for the updated Ant tasks
    to support split install. Due to ant limitations the setting is not on
    <wsresources> tag, but rather on its parent (woapplication or
    woframework). Also no fancy zip support :-). Basically it would work
    like this:

       <woapplication name="XYZ" destDir="..." wsDestDir="/a/b/c">...

    "wsDestDir" will enable split install under
    "/a/b/c/WebObjects/XYZ.woa". Similar thing works for "woframework".
    I'll let Ulrich do the release whenever he plans to do so, but you can
    check out this stuff from CVS and use it now.

    One unresolved "convenience" issue: guessing WebServer root and setting
    it in wobuild.properties automatically. On Windoze this information is
    stored under
    $NEXT_ROOT/Library/WebObjects/Configuration/WebServerConfig.plist. I
    don't know if it is configurable on Mac (or is standard Apache location
    always assumed?). I guess I can write some code to parse the plist and
    get it from there.... Any other ideas?

    Andrus