Re: WOLips not building .jar file and copy the build.xml file...

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 10:55:00 EDT

    Christian Gruber wrote:

    > Ah. In my build.xml I specified some resource folders in another
    > structure, and modified the <woframework> task to only look in those
    > places. Incremental build would of course not obey this, hence the
    > other part of my question.

    Yes, I have been thinking about configuring the incremental builder, but
    two things are unclear:
    - is anyone besides us really using it?
    - what do you need to be configurable?

    > I definitely would find it helpful to configure where to find WS
    > resources, where to find non-WS resources, and whether or not to build a
    > .jar file. The latter is no biggie, if WO doesn't care, but since I
    > build for deployment from within Eclipse, it'd be nice not to have to
    > switch to ant builds just to do a deployment.

    You don't have to switch, people here just right-click the build.xml and
    use the "Run Ant..." menu. And you probably know when you want to do a
    deployment build ...

    And I'd never suggest to use the incremental builder's output for
    deployment.

    > The above may be moot when we move to a central build server for WO, but
    > God only knows when we'll find the time to setup central builds on these
    > projects.

    It does sound like a good idea ... it should automatically send mail to
    the person(s) that checked in the files that didn't compile, though :-)

    > Thanks for the clarification, though. I'm not in as bad shape as I was
    > worried - it's just a bit messy.

    Great!

    Harald