Re: WOLips not building .jar file and copy the build.xml file...

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 13:27:15 EDT

    Hi Harald,

    Harald Niesche wrote:

    >> Ah. In my build.xml I specified some resource folders in another
    >> structure, and modified the <woframework> task to only look in those
    >> places. Incremental build would of course not obey this, hence the
    >> other part of my question.
    >
    > Yes, I have been thinking about configuring the incremental builder, but
    > two things are unclear:
    > - is anyone besides us really using it?

    Yes!

    > - what do you need to be configurable?

    One thing would be to have it build in the same location as the Ant
    build. Of course it would want to remove any existing jar file. This
    would be an advantage as the exsiting WOLips Launcher would work
    directly with out need to adjust the working directory (and other
    things? I don't recall right now). This might also work around some
    other issues with copying resources and such. Just do an Ant build to
    copy all the support files, then incremental builder can just update
    the code and .wo. For me anyway, those are the things that change
    more frequently.

    > It does sound like a good idea ... it should automatically send mail to
    > the person(s) that checked in the files that didn't compile, though :-)

    I prefer an inflatable hammer applied sharply to the skull, though
    some days I'm tempted to use a real one...

    Chuck

    --

    Chuck Hill chil..lobal-village.net Global Village Consulting Inc. http://www.global-village.net

    Progress is the mother of all problems. - G. K. Chesterton