Re: Slowdown with opening files after upgrading to WOLips 1.0.4

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 12:54:07 EDT

    Hi Kai,

    if you use the incremental builder there is no need to update your
    build.xml. Anyway it's worth to take a look at it. The ant.* files are
    generated whenever you change the classpath in Eclipse. You may wan't
    to use these files with your build.xml. No need to maintain the
    classpath twice.

    Now to your performance problem:
    Is Eclipse launched with 1.4.1 or 1.3.1 did you try to increment the
    amount of memory -> Xms and Xmx?

    I use Eclipse with the swt from 3.0M3. The results from 'open .java
    file' TM benchmark on a cube 450 MHZ: under 2 seconds.

    Could you doublecheck that this is with the final of 2.1.1. There was a
    bugreport with your issue that is fixed in 2.1.1.

    The place was right. I mean the stuff under 1.0.2. Anyway that doesn't
    matter with the incremental builder.

    Ulrich