Re: Slowdown with opening files after upgrading to WOLips 1.0.4

From: Kaj Hejer (kaj.heje..sit.uio.no)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 14:17:48 EDT

    At 18:54 +0200 20-07-2003, Ulrich Köster wrote:
    >Hi Kai,
    >
    >if you use the incremental builder there is no need to update your
    >build.xml. Anyway it's worth to take a look at it. The ant.* files
    >are generated whenever you change the classpath in Eclipse. You may
    >wan't to use these files with your build.xml. No need to maintain
    >the classpath twice.
    >
    >Now to your performance problem:
    >Is Eclipse launched with 1.4.1 or 1.3.1 did you try to increment the
    >amount of memory -> Xms and Xmx?

    Hi!

    Thanks again for answering!

    I'm not sure how I know what javaversion eclipse is launched with.

    In window->preference->java->installed JREs java 1.4.1 is checked.

    Where can I set startup arguments for eclipse?

    I have seen the page
    /help/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/running_eclipse.htm,
    but there is only described how to set this when starting eclipse
    from the commandline, not when doubleclicking the eclipse icon.

    Sorry if this is RT(F)M question. I have search the eclipse help, but
    didn't manage to find anything about setting startup parameters for
    eclipse itself.

    >I use Eclipse with the swt from 3.0M3. The results from 'open .java
    >file' TM benchmark on a cube 450 MHZ: under 2 seconds.

    Do you use both org.eclipse.swt and org.eclipse.swt.carbon from 3.0?

    >Could you doublecheck that this is with the final of 2.1.1. There
    >was a bugreport with your issue that is fixed in 2.1.1.

    I downloaded the final version of Eclipse 2.1.1 now and installed
    WOLips 1.0.4. I have not yet installed swt from 3.0.

    I see the same slowdown there when opening files from the package explorer.

    -Kaj :)