Re: Slowdown with opening files after upgrading to WOLips 1.0.4

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 19:51:27 EDT

    Kaj Hejer wrote:
    > At 14:37 +0200 22-07-2003, Kaj Hejer wrote:
    >
    >> When I create the project I don't get this stuff in the console.log
    >> and no slowdown when opening files. When changing to incremental
    >> building THEN the messages in console.log starts comming and the
    >> slowdown in opwning files is back.
    > I have done some more testing:
    >
    > I see the same issue in eclipse 3.0M2
    >
    > I also get this messages in my console.log when I _close_ a file, not
    > only when I open it.
    I have done some testing here, and can't reproduce it, I tried Eclipse
    2.1.0 (I had not upgraded, but didn't realize that) and 2.1.1. I have
    not tried 3.0m2, yet, but I seriously doubt I will be able to reproduce
    it there.

    The main differences I can see right now: I am using Windows 2000 /JDK
    1.4.1_03, you seem to be using MacOS X (and I have no idea which version
    and which JDK).

    Maybe you could be a bit more specific about your environment --
    unfortunately, Eclipse is not pure Java, so there might be a difference.

    Another thought -- are you using a network mounted home directory for
    your workspace?

    Harald