Re: Do we have to use wobuild.properties?

From: Jerry Porter (jerry.porte..rx-ca.com)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 12:32:24 EDT

    Hello,

    I agree with Kaj.

    How about making it so that the existence of the wobuild.properties
    files is checked for, and if not found, then assume the properties are
    already loaded.

    We use the project Wonder build functionality and we use a
    build.properties file in our home directory. It would be nice if we
    didn't need yet another properties file to manage.

    It would also be nice if the properties that are needed by the
    woproject build functionality were documented somewhere. Then we
    developers could decide which file to place these properties.

    On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 10:20 AM, Kaj Hejer wrote:

    > At 18:12 +0200 28-07-2003, Ulrich Köster wrote:
    >> Hi Kaj,
    >>
    >> the advantages of the wobuild.properties.
    >> - easy replacement for support of different wo versions
    >> - faster then the lockup trough the environment
    >>
    >> From the docs:
    >>
    >> WOApplication behavior depends on various properties in the
    >> wobuild.properties file that specify common
    >> locations of the frameworks used by the application.
    >> These properties can be initialized with the
    >> build-user-home-wobuild-properties.xml. Per
    >> default the woapplication task expects this file in
    >> $user.home/Library/wobuild.properties. If no
    >> file is found the woapplication task resolves the property
    >> WOBUILD_PROPERTIES from the java properties
    >> and
    >> the environment(in this order) to find the file.
    >>

    >> I think it's not to much work to set it up. Anyway it makes the cowork
    >> of woproject wolips much easier.
    >

    > I understand and I agree that wobuild.properties in most cases is a
    > good idea.
    >
    > My point is that if we for some reason :) don't want to use
    > wobuild.properties it should be possible to not get the
    > WOBuildPropertiesNotFoundException.
    >

    > -Kaj :)

    Jerry E. Porter
    Software Engineer