Re: Do we have to use wobuild.properties?

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 13:45:11 EDT

    Hi,

    yet another properties file sounds like a bad idea. The
    wobuild.properties declare a set of properties useful for all builds
    with woproject. And it might be better to have one properties file for
    all user of woproject then maintaining one for each project. Let's take
    a look at this file:

    wo.dir.root=/
    wo.woroot=/
    wo.dir.user.home.library.frameworks=/Users/ulrich/Library/Frameworks
    wo.dir.local=/
    wo.wosystemroot=/System
    wo.dir.library=/System/Library
    wo.dir.user.home.library=/Users/ulrich/Library
    wo.dir.local.library=/Library
    wo.dir.library.frameworks=/System/Library/Frameworks
    wo.dir.local.library.frameworks=/Library/Frameworks
    wo.wolocalroot=/
    wo.dir.system=/System

    There are a some duplicates. The properties with the dir inside should
    be used. I think this stuff is self explaining. Anyway I can add some
    lines to docu if there is demand for it.

    Some lines from the woproject build file as an example on how to
    generate the wobuild.properties:
    <project name="woproject" default="dist" basedir=".">
    .
    .
    // load the wobuild.properties file
    <property
    file="${user.home}${file.separator}Library${file.separator}wobuild.prope
    rties"/>
    .
    .
    // make "check" the first target
    <target name="dist" depends="check">
    .
    .
    // This target calls check within the
    build-user-home-wobuild-properties.xml.
    // This target fail if the wobuild.properties could not be found.
    // The cool thing is that this build script creates the
    wobuild.properties in that case and informs the user that he has to run
    the script again.
    // The build script build-user-home-wobuild-properties.xml creates the
    values in the wobuild.properties on all platforms where
    // the NEXT_ROOT is set and MacOSX and corrects the path separator on
    windows
    <target name="check">
    <ant antfile="build-user-home-wobuild-properties.xml" target="check"/>
    </target>

    </project>

    Ulrich