Re: "Cannot use rapid turnaround." when projectbuilder is not running

From: Kaj Hejer (kaj.heje..sit.uio.no)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 04:03:55 EDT

    At 00:08 +0200 29-07-2003, Harald Niesche wrote:
    >[I have appended a short list of instructions at the end, that is
    >what I do to run WO applications in Eclipse. Other answers are
    >inline.

    Hi!

    Thank you for looking into this issue!

    >I am unsure, I don't use rapid turnaround mode, since I am using
    >Windows, where the braindamaged Apple tools can't deal with folders
    >(I hear one of my colleagues has a fix for that, which unfortunately
    >involves "reengineering for compatibility", which used to be legal
    >under european law, but I am unsure whether it still is...).
    >
    >Anyways, I found it to be unnecessary with the incremental builder,
    >since resources are copied to the "build" folder directly after you
    >saved them. There seems to be a problem with certain WebServer
    >Resources (*.js, *.css etc.) which seem to be held open by
    >WebObjects. I am working on a fix for that (can't reproduce
    >reliably, yet).

    Interesting! This does not happend for me! When I edit a component in
    WOBuilder the changes is NOT copied to the
    nettskjema.woa/Contents/Resources/Main.wo directory.

    If I start the application and do some changes to Main in WOBuilder,
    I do not see the changes when reloaloding the reloadin the main page
    of the application.

    If I select _refresh_ from the menu I get when I ctrl-click on
    project THEN the mainpage get updated.

    Can this be some sort of bug in WOLips not seeing what has changed?

    I'm using a version of WOLips fetched from cvs after an incremental
    builder bug was fixed a few days ago + incremental builder, eclipse
    2.1.1 (release version) and osx 10.2.6.

    >>Now I tried to change workingdirectory in the run-settings, under
    >>the argument tab from
    >>/Users/kajh/src/webobjects/nettskjema/build/nettskjema.woa to
    >>/Users/kajh/src/webobjects/nettskjema.
    >>
    >>NOW rapid turnaround started to work!
    >
    >It may look like it does -- what is the Application name reported by
    >the standard boilerplate "Welcome to <Bundlename>!" code?

    When using /Users/kajh/src/webobjects/nettskjema as workingdirectory
    I get "Welcome to MainBundle", when using
    /Users/kajh/src/webobjects/nettskjema/build/nettskjema.woa I get
    "Welcome to nettskjema"

    >I just checked the docs and couldn't find the correct options, I
    >guess my rather lengthy list of things to do in order to launch an
    >incrementally built application has been moved somewhere, I'll
    >append an older version of it to this mail.

    Thank you for this list!

    This is usefull stuff! It should be somewhere on
    .../help/topic/org.objectstyle.wolips/doc_root/tasks/launch.html

    -Kaj :)