Re: "Cannot use rapid turnaround." when projectbuilder is not running

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 04:31:32 EDT

    Kaj Hejer wrote:

    > Thank you for looking into this issue!

    You're welcome!

    >> Anyways, I found it to be unnecessary with the incremental builder,
    >> since resources are copied to the "build" folder directly after you
    >> saved them. There seems to be a problem with certain WebServer
    >> Resources (*.js, *.css etc.) which seem to be held open by WebObjects.
    >> I am working on a fix for that (can't reproduce reliably, yet).
    >

    > Interesting! This does not happend for me! When I edit a component in
    > WOBuilder the changes is NOT copied to the
    > nettskjema.woa/Contents/Resources/Main.wo directory.

    But if you edit it with the Eclipse text editor, it will get copied.

    > If I select _refresh_ from the menu I get when I ctrl-click on project
    > THEN the mainpage get updated.
    >
    > Can this be some sort of bug in WOLips not seeing what has changed?
    No, this is correct. Thanks for pointing this out -- I always forget
    about the external tools. Eclipse does not see those changes unless you
    - use refresh
    - have an Eclipse editor on the file edited externally and switch focus
    back to Eclipse (I find this a rather nice workaround, since it involves
    less interaction with Eclipse, just a click to activate the window).

    >> It may look like it does -- what is the Application name reported by
    >> the standard boilerplate "Welcome to <Bundlename>!" code?
    >
    > When using /Users/kajh/src/webobjects/nettskjema as workingdirectory I
    > get "Welcome to MainBundle", when using
    > /Users/kajh/src/webobjects/nettskjema/build/nettskjema.woa I get
    > "Welcome to nettskjema"

    See? This means that in the first case, the MainBundle has not been
    identified correctly. In that case WebObjects will be unable to find the
    resources in that bundle (at least if you refer to it by name).

    >> I just checked the docs and couldn't find the correct options, I guess
    >> my rather lengthy list of things to do in order to launch an
    >> incrementally built application has been moved somewhere, I'll append
    >> an older version of it to this mail.
    >
    > Thank you for this list!
    >
    > This is usefull stuff! It should be somewhere on
    > .../help/topic/org.objectstyle.wolips/doc_root/tasks/launch.html

    Well, it used to be :-(

    Who puts it back there?

    Harald