Re: "Cannot use rapid turnaround." when projectbuilder is not running

From: Kaj Hejer (kaj.heje..sit.uio.no)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 04:39:56 EDT

    At 10:31 +0200 29-07-2003, Harald Niesche wrote:
    >>Interesting! This does not happend for me! When I edit a component
    >>in WOBuilder the changes is NOT copied to the
    >>nettskjema.woa/Contents/Resources/Main.wo directory.
    >
    >But if you edit it with the Eclipse text editor, it will get copied.
    >
    >>If I select _refresh_ from the menu I get when I ctrl-click on
    >>project THEN the mainpage get updated.
    >>
    >>Can this be some sort of bug in WOLips not seeing what has changed?
    >No, this is correct. Thanks for pointing this out -- I always forget
    >about the external tools. Eclipse does not see those changes unless
    >you
    >- use refresh
    >- have an Eclipse editor on the file edited externally and switch
    >focus back to Eclipse (I find this a rather nice workaround, since
    >it involves less interaction with Eclipse, just a click to activate
    >the window).

    Hi!

    I'm not sure if I understood the second alternative :) From what I
    can read the second alternative is the answer to my question bellow.

    Am I right? :)

    My question is now:

    What is the best way of editig components with WOBuilder when using
    WOLips when you want to make the changes you make with WOBuilder
    visable in the webbrowser?

    I don't think it is a good solution to have to refresh the project
    each time I mange a change in a component in WOBuilder to be able to
    see that change in the browser where I'm running the application.
    Anyway this is a workaround until we have a better solution.

    -Kaj :)