Re: Incremental builder has patterns, too! (And some questions ...)

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 04:51:39 EDT

    Hi,

    On Dienstag, 29. Juli 2003, at 10:20 Uhr, Harald Niesche wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > last night I checked in a new version of the incremental builder (and
    > the wolips (core) plugin as well as the wolips-ui fragment) that
    > allows
    > the user to specify per-project resource and web-resource patterns.
    >
    > If you care about this feature, I'd be glad if you could check it out
    > of CVS and give it a spin. (If there is interest, I could put a
    > temporary update site on one of our servers).
    >

    > After looking through the source, I have a few questions / issues:
    > - I changed the way natures are added to and removed from projects.
    > Switching from incremental build to Ant build sometimes does not
    > execute Ant, it usually after I run Ant manually, but I am unsure
    > what's happening. Also, I sometimes see messages that Ant is run for
    > projects that shouldn't have the Ant build configured -- has anybody
    > seen this, too?
    I take a look at it.

    > - I am under the impression that the new pattern-support for
    > PB.project updating does not work for the "Update PB.project" action
    > in the WOLips context menu, is that right? Should I try and fix it?
    The value in the preferences was set to wrong value (not true). This is
    allready fixed for the people how apply the update after that fix.
    Enable the 'Update PB.project' property in the perferences.

    > - The project creation wizard uses lots of deprecated API from the
    > WOLipsProject class -- can anyone explain what's going on in there?
    > Should we try to fix that?
    The wizards uses a lot from the ProjectHelper which is deprecated. We
    should fix this when we switch to the classpath container.