Re: "Cannot use rapid turnaround." when projectbuilder is not running

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 04:57:27 EDT

    Kaj Hejer wrote:

    > At 10:31 +0200 29-07-2003, Harald Niesche wrote:
    >> No, this is correct. Thanks for pointing this out -- I always forget
    >> about the external tools. Eclipse does not see those changes unless you
    >> - use refresh
    >> - have an Eclipse editor on the file edited externally and switch
    >> focus back to Eclipse (I find this a rather nice workaround, since it
    >> involves less interaction with Eclipse, just a click to activate the
    >> window).
    > I'm not sure if I understood the second alternative :) From what I can
    > read the second alternative is the answer to my question bellow.
    >
    > Am I right? :)

    Yes, and you are also right, that it is described far too short.

    > My question is now:
    >
    > What is the best way of editig components with WOBuilder when using
    > WOLips when you want to make the changes you make with WOBuilder
    > visible in the webbrowser?

    Here is what I do:

    1. open the context menu on the component's .html file and choose "Open
    With > Text Editor"
    2. do the same for the .wod
    3. open the component in WOBuilder (or the other way around, doesn't
    matter, one order hurts less with Eclipse, I keep forgetting which).

    4. Edit your component in WOBuilder

    5. Save! in WOBuilder

    6. Click on the Eclipse window to activate it. It should automatically
    refresh the component and trigger a build

    7. Refresh / Click / Whatever you do to see the changes in your browser

    8. Repeat 4. - 7. until happy with the results

    :-)

    > I don't think it is a good solution to have to refresh the project
    > each time I mange a change in a component in WOBuilder to be able to
    > see that change in the browser where I'm running the application.
    No, I don't particularly like it, either.

    > Anyway this is a workaround until we have a better solution.
    We started some experimentation with a tabbed editor for WOComponents
    (completely text-based, no fancy graphics editing), which would solve
    the problem nicely since it would be part of Eclipse.

    Harald