RE: Can't start with JavaMonitor

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 15:38:47 EDT

    A couple of things to try to get more information on the launch failure...

    1. Add this to the launch arguments in Monitor and try to start the instance:
        1>/tmp/launch.txt 2>&1

        This will record what happens while the Java process is being launched
    and will show failures due to classpath problems etc.

    2. Add logging to the public static void main(String argv[]) method to log
    interesting information. NSLog may not be functional this early in the
    process so try using System.out.println and output redirection as in the
    previous step, or add code like this to sent logging information to a file:

    FileWriter fos = null;
    try
    {
        fos = new FileWriter("C:/temp/PostLaunch.txt");
        fos.write("Starting....\n");

        fos.write(<whatever else you need to log>);

        fos.flush();
        fos.close();

        WOApplication.main(argv, Application.class);
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
        System.out.println(e);