Re: No template found for component Main

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 18:23:44 EDT

    Hi Alexander,

    Alexander Schneider wrote:

    >>1. In Main.api specify the package qualified classname.
    >
    > this was the missing part. A friend of mine also told me this yesterday
    > evening and we fiddeled around a bit with my problem.

    I think your mistaken. I just went back to check on this and
    discovered that all my API files that I had updated to have the
    package no longer had it. It appears that WOBuilder removes this when
    you edit the component. Yet - all my pages in packages still function
    correctly.

    I'm almost positive that having the appname.jar on the classpath is
    the key factor. Otherwise only tbe /bin folder is on the classpath
    and NSBundle / _NSUtilities / whatever class it is needs the jar file
    to resolve partial class names. I think it looks in the URLs in the
    classloader to find one that has /Resources/Java/ in it.

    > But if I want to convert a large project with more than 100 components do I
    > have to do this manually in every api-file? (Oh man, please say no. ;-) )

    The tests I made today suggest that this is needless work.

    > Interesting is that it won´t work with 3.0M2.

    Confused: what won't work?

    Chuck

    --

    Chuck Hill chil..lobal-village.net Global Village Consulting Inc. http://www.global-village.net

    Progress is the mother of all problems. - G. K. Chesterton