Re: No template found for component Main

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 19:33:30 EDT

    Chuck Hill wrote:
    >>> 1. In Main.api specify the package qualified classname.
    >> this was the missing part. A friend of mine also told me this yesterday
    >> evening and we fiddeled around a bit with my problem.
    > I think your mistaken. I just went back to check on this and discovered
    > that all my API files that I had updated to have the package no longer
    > had it. It appears that WOBuilder removes this when you edit the
    > component. Yet - all my pages in packages still function correctly.
    >
    > I'm almost positive that having the appname.jar on the classpath is the
    > key factor.

    In fact, I'm quite certain that it is both necessary to set the current
    directory and add the .jar file (or, if building with the incremental
    builder, the build/*.woa/Contents/Resources/Java folder) to the classpath.

    > Otherwise only tbe /bin folder is on the classpath and
    > NSBundle / _NSUtilities / whatever class it is needs the jar file to
    > resolve partial class names. I think it looks in the URLs in the
    > classloader to find one that has /Resources/Java/ in it.

    Yes, that's right. It also collects the full names of all classes either
    in the .jar file or in folders within the Java folder. This list is used
    to do package-independent matching of class names (which is what we are
    interested, so a Component's class can be in a package). The list is
    kept per bundle and it will only be associated with a bundle if the
    classpath entry contains Resources/Java and two levels above that an
    Info.plist exists.

    Hope this helps

    Harald