Re: Error parsing property list file

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 14:06:57 EDT

    Kaj Hejer wrote:
    > I get the following in consolle.log when I rebuild one of our project:
    >
    > <incremental build>
    > null
    > Error parsing property list file:
    > org.objectstyle.cayenne.wocompat.parser.ParseException: Encountered "**"
    > at line 3, column 9.
    > Was expecting:
    > "=" ...
    > </incremental build>

    This is because the incremental builder tries to parse CustomInfo.plist,
    the generated CustomInfo.plist contains comments with /* */ and the
    Cayenne PropertyList parser doesn't handle those comments correctly.

    Sorry about the inconvenience, this exception can usually be safely
    ignored, but if you are trying to set the NSPrincipalClass in a
    framework, you should remove all the comments from CustomInfo.plist.

    > bash-2.05a$ cat build.properties
    >
    > classes.dir = bin
    > project.name = metaredigering

    These are completely ignored by the incremental builder (as far as I
    remember).

    > The build.xml in the projetdirectory is not the autogenerated build.xml
    > but a build.xml we have my ourself. I guess that shouldn't have anything
    > to do with this since we use the incremental builder.

    Right, build.xml is only used for Ant builds.

    > I have selected "Rebuild the wwolips.properties..." in
    > Windows->Preferences->WOLips" amd restated eclipse.
    >
    > The application seems to have been built ok.

    It should, I'd be worried if it didn't.