[DONE] Re: wsresources destDir="/path/to/wsres"

From: Kaj Hejer (kaj.heje..sit.uio.no)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 10:15:50 EDT

    At 01:09 -0400 01-07-2003, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >I just checked in the code and documentation for the updated Ant
    >tasks to support split install. Due to ant limitations the setting
    >is not on <wsresources> tag, but rather on its parent (woapplication
    >or woframework). Also no fancy zip support :-). Basically it would
    >work like this:
    >
    > <woapplication name="XYZ" destDir="..." wsDestDir="/a/b/c">...
    >
    >"wsDestDir" will enable split install under
    >"/a/b/c/WebObjects/XYZ.woa". Similar thing works for "woframework".
    >I'll let Ulrich do the release whenever he plans to do so, but you
    >can check out this stuff from CVS and use it now.
    >
    >One unresolved "convenience" issue: guessing WebServer root and
    >setting it in wobuild.properties automatically. On Windoze this
    >information is stored under
    >$NEXT_ROOT/Library/WebObjects/Configuration/WebServerConfig.plist. I
    >don't know if it is configurable on Mac (or is standard Apache
    >location always assumed?). I guess I can write some code to parse
    >the plist and get it from there.... Any other ideas?

    Hi!

    Thanks for implementing this feature!

    We have now tested the very usefull wsDestDir attribute. It seems
    that the webserverresources are copied to

    wsDestDir/WebServerResources

    instead of

    wsDestDir/Contents/WebServerResources

    This might be correct behaviour, and we should just to add
    "/Contents" to our wsDestDir path.

    What do you think?

    (If my memory if correct :) I think that in WO4.5 webserverresources
    was stored under .../htdocs/WebObjects/WebServerResources and in WO5
    this was changed to .../htdocs/WebObjects/Contents/WebServerResources)

    -Kaj :)